The Official IDE for Android
Android Studio provides the fastest tools for building apps on every type of Android device.
World-class code editing, debugging, performance tooling, a flexible build system, and an instant build/deploy system all allow you to focus on building unique and high quality apps.
Select a different platform
|Platform||Android Studio package||Size||SHA-1 checksum|
|Windows||android-studio-bundle-143.2821654-windows.exe Includes Android SDK (recommended)||1181 MB (1238569296 bytes)||6f7fcdc30800bd8b3fbd5a14c2b9857243144650|
|android-studio-ide-143.2821654-windows.exe No Android SDK||270 MB (283805040 bytes)||d8cb3968814b6155f4effe727baf23b18b9f8360|
|android-studio-ide-143.2821654-windows.zip No Android SDK, no installer||286 MB (300630577 bytes)||9bec4905e40f0ac16ac7fde63a50f3fbc1eec4d9|
|Mac OS X||android-studio-ide-143.2821654-mac.dmg||284 MB (298597716 bytes)||4a7ca7532a95c65ee59ed50193c0e976f0272472|
|Linux||android-studio-ide-143.2821654-linux.zip||284 MB (298125051 bytes)||55d69ad2da0068d818718b26ba43550fbcbeb7e9|
Get just the command line tools
If you do not need Android Studio, you can download the basic Android command line tools below.
|Platform||SDK tools package||Size||SHA-1 checksum|
|Windows||installer_r24.4.1-windows.exe||144 MB (151659917 bytes)||f9b59d72413649d31e633207e31f456443e7ea0b|
|android-sdk_r24.4.1-windows.zip No installer||190 MB (199701062 bytes)||66b6a6433053c152b22bf8cab19c0f3fef4eba49|
|Mac OS X||android-sdk_r24.4.1-macosx.zip||98 MB (102781947 bytes)||85a9cccb0b1f9e6f1f616335c5f07107553840cd|
|Linux||android-sdk_r24.4.1-linux.tgz||311 MB (326412652 bytes)||725bb360f0f7d04eaccff5a2d57abdd49061326d|
Android Studio 2.0 is the fastest way to build high quality, performant apps for the Android platform, including phones and tablets, Android Auto, Android Wear, and Android TV. As the official IDE from Google, Android Studio includes everything you need to build an app, including a code editor, code analysis tools, emulators and more. This new and stable version of Android Studio has fast build speeds and a fast emulator with support for the latest Android version and Google Play Services.
Android Studio is built in coordination with the Android platform and supports all of the latest and greatest APIs. If you are developing for Android, you should be using Android Studio 2.0. It is available today as a easy download or update on the stable release channel.
Android Studio 2.0 includes the following new features that Android developer can use in their workflow :
- Instant Run - For every developer who loves faster build speeds. Make changes and see them appear live in your running app. With many build/run accelerations ranging from VM hot swapping to warm swapping app resources, Instant Run will save you time every day.
- Android Emulator - The new emulator runs ~3x faster than Android’s previous emulator, and with ADB enhancements you can now push apps and data 10x faster to the emulator than to a physical device. Like a physical device, the official Android emulator also includes Google Play Services built-in, so you can test out more API functionality. Finally, the new emulator has rich new features to manage calls, battery, network, GPS, and more.
- Cloud Test Lab Integration - Write once, run anywhere. Improve the quality of your apps by quickly and easily testing on a wide range of physical Android devices in the Cloud Test Lab right from within Android Studio.
- App Indexing Code Generation & Test - Help promote the visibility your app in Google Search for your users by adding auto-generated URLS with the App Indexing feature in Android Studio. With a few click you can add indexable URL links that you can test all within the IDE.
- GPU Debugger Preview - For those of you developing OpenGL ES based games or apps, you can now see each frame and the GL state with the new GPU debugger. Uncover and diagnosis GL rendering issues by capturing and analyzing the GPU stream from your Android device.
- IntelliJ 15 Update - Android Studio is built on the world class Intellij coding platform. Check out the latest Intellij features here.
Deeper Dive into the New Features
Today, mobile platforms are centered around speed and agility. And yet, building for mobile can sometimes feel clunky and slow. Instant Run in Android Studio is our solution to keep you in a fast and fluid development flow. The feature increases your developer productivity by accelerating your edit, build, run cycles. When you click on the Instant Run button (), Instant Run will analyze the changes you have made and determine how it can deploy your new code in the fastest way.